Reopening is of course great news, but I think everyone is aware that we won't be reopening to the conditions we left just about two months ago. There will be restrictions, uneven opening of restaurants and hotels, reluctant travelers, and I believe a younger mix of travelers. Then let us not forget we are statistically in the worst employment position since the Great Depression!
We are left with so many unanswered questions today - like why I put that picture of me where I did. And beyond that important question, we still have to have a plan for the customer's arrival, play to their preferences, and recognize there are new opportunities.
To help bridge the understanding gap, we've assembled a fantastic group of some of the best industry analysts to present the SVB State of the Industry - Special Edition. Along with me, the presenters will include:
- Jeff Bitter, President, Allied Grape Growers,
- Danny Brager, SVP, Nielsen Beverage Alcohol Practice,
- Max Heinemann, Wine & Spirits Client Manager, Nielsen CGA,
- Amy Hoopes, President, Wente Family Estates, and
- Paul Leary, Founder & Principal, Assemblage Consulting Group.
- How will trends from other categories affect the wine business?
- How will wine-focused sales channels recover from the current climate?
- With an old consumer sheltering, who will be coming to my tasting room?
- Will channel shifting from the spring change back in the summer?
- Given recent changed consumer preferences, what longer-term opportunities exist?
- Predicting the grape market and future grape supply in a time of uncertainty.
- How to get a seat at the consumer’s family dinner table.
- Using data to convert new customers, define the customer journey, and expand sales opportunities.
9:00am – 10:00am PDT
If you have any questions, please email Courtney McClintock at email@example.com.